ASME SA-516/SA-516M-2019 – Production Marking – Section 25
Plate shall be legibly marked with (eg.)
- The specification number: SA-516.
- The manufacturer’s name or brand: BCK.
- Grade: GR.70N.
- Heat number: 3-5642.
- Plate identifier: 111-1.
- Heat treatment: MT.
- Additional: length, client, dimension, …
- Txxxx – Plate.
- Die stamp may be stamped on the thickness with T>= 6mm for carbon steel and T>= 12 mm for stainless steel unless otherwise by supplementary requirements.
Dimensional and visual inspection
- Dimension/masses: ASME SA-20/20M – 2019 Section 14.
Guide to transfer markings information to the off-cut pieces:
- Step 1: Verify MTC and original markings are matched, dimensional / visual inspection for each plate.
- Step 2: Transfer the original markings to the off-cut pieces (unmarked cut pieces) by paint marker
- Step 3: Stamp “processor’s name or trademark, brand (for resale) on both pieces, see Section 13.4 of SA-20/SA-20M.
- Step 4: Shot photo of the original markings and new transfer identification for preparing a report, photo report should minimum show all production markings, processor’s identification, buyer name, date, signature, … and attachment the MTC.
- Step 5: Cut the plates into aspect size for resale by processor.
Request a quote here.