Material markings inspection
ASME SA-106/SA-106M-2019 – Production Marking – Section 25
ASME SA-530/SA-530M-2019 – production Marking – Section 24
Example markings inspeciton:
Each length of pipe shall be legibly marked with (eg.):
- The manufacturer’s name or brand: BCK.
- The specification number: ASME SA-106/SA-106M.
- Grade: B.
- Heat number: 3-35727.
- ASME SA-106/SA-106M – Table 4: NDE/2500 PSI.
- The length: 6000 MM.
- The OD: NPS 3″.
- The Schedule: SCH XXS.
- The weigtht: not applicable for NPS 3″.
- Supplementary: not applicable.
Dimensional and visual inspection:
- Forming/dimension/masses: ASME B36.10M – 2018; ASME SA-530/SA-530M – Table X1
- Tolerance: ASMESA-530/SA-530M – Section 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 – Table 1, 2, 3.
- This material do not cover welded pipe, see Section 1.1 of ASME SA-106/SA-106B.
- Production analysis shall be made on the representative two pipes from each lot, see Section 9.1 of ASME SA-106/SA-106M.
Guide to transfer markings information to a shorter length:
- Step 1: Verify MTC and pipe section are matched, dimensional / visual inspection for each pipe.
- Step 2: Transfer original markings to cut off length (unmarked cut length) by paint marker
- Step 3: Stamp “processor’s name or trademark, brand (for resale) on both pipe segment.
- Step 4: Shot photo of the original markings and new transfer identification for preparing a report, photo report should minimum show all production markings, processor’s identification, buyer name, date, signature, … and attachment the MTC.
- Step 5: Cut the shorter length for resale by processor.
- Pxxxx – Pipe.
- Die stamp may be stamped on the thickness with T>= 6mm for carbon steel and T>= 12 mm for stainless steel unless otherwise by supplementary requirements.
- Piping process fabrication may not required die stamp on the off-cut length.
Storage pipe material
- Keep pipe material in dry area, keep away wet condition.
- All end pipes shall be protected by plastic covers.
Request a quote here.