Markings are required in Section 4 of ASME B16.9. Each fitting shall be permanently marked to show the following:
- manufacturer’s name or trademark, (logo)
- material identification, either the ASTM or ASME grade designation, (ASTM A234 WPB)
- schedule number or nominal wall thickness in mm, (S120)
- size the nominal pipe size (NPS) identification number related to the end connections shall be used, (8×6)
- compliance — see for standard and special fitting marking
- Additional markings, (heat number)
A manufacturer may supplement these mandatory markings with others, including a DN size designation, but confusion with the required marking shall be avoided.
Request a quote and services here.