- Product markings: company name or logo or trade-marks.
- Product markings: heat number or cast number.
- Product markings: specifications number and grade
The material shall conform to the mechanical property requirements prescribed in Table 2 and Table 3 are tensile strength, yield strength and percentage of elongation, hardness value.
- Tensile strength: min. 70 000 psi;
- Yield strength (0.2% or 0.5% offset): min. 36 000 psi;
- Elongation (standard specimen): 22%
- Elongation (trip specimen): 30% and refer to ASTM A105 table 3.
- Hardness: max. 187 HB
NOTE: ASTM A105 is P-No. 1 and Gr-No. 2
- Heat analysis and/or product analysis. Some MTC stated heat analysis (H) and/or product analysis (P) refer to ASTM A105 table 1. Tolerance refer to ASTM A961.
- C = max. 0.35 % (see general note);
- Mn = 0.6 – 1.05 % (max. 1.35 see general note);
- P = max. 0.035%;
- P = max. 0.040%;
- Si = 0.1 – 0.35%;
- Cu = max. 0.4%;
- Ni = max. 0.4 % ;
- Cr = max. 0.3 %;
- Mo = max. 0.12 %;
- V = max. 0.08 %;
- Heat treatment is a mandatory requirement of class above 300 or special design. Material shall subject to annealing, normalizing, or normalizing and tempering or quenching and tempering.
- This depend on the applicable specification and heat treatment, most flange, fitting and flanged fitting normally subject to normalize at 920 deg. C, then slow cooling in still air.
- Normalizing as marked “N”, such as ASTM A105N.
- Product markings: not required
Request a quote and services here.